Monday, January 21, 2008

So Far To Go

A taste a literature has me spinning backwards and forwards and upsidedownwards. And I'm not sure what to think.
I've grown accustomed to the pathetic reading lists projected into my high school, and it hurts sometimes when I read a book that blows that 5th grade literature out of the water. I was so focused on this novel that, after spending the entire night reading it, I sat up in bed and cried. Not just any cry, the cry where I question everything about myself, where I look at the past, where I wish the one's I loved who had passed away were here, where I punch the pillow in anger, where I laugh at how silly I am, where I hyperventalate and pass out. I woke up and just felt so relieved that I didn't suffocate from mucus-frozen nostrils (being that I sleep on my stomach), I knew that I made it through my comatose for a reason.

I digress.

This book touched me, and I'd like to believe that I'm just that much more optimistic about my future after reading those pages. It's a long road, but I can't wait.

"I want it now, somehow I forgot how. Way to go, forgot you've got so far to go."
-D

No comments: