Losing affection towards something that was, for any amount of time, a staple part of your life is hard. For me it is, at least. It's different if it's a slow change; like going from wearing black every day to very rarely wearing it. For me it's my drama class (or theatre arts, but that's demeaning its drama-filled style). I use to LOVE drama. I woke up every morning for the class. I got some pretty good parts.
That was until this year, Advanced drama, when I realized that there actually is more to my life than drama. What a mistake that was.
I decided to focus on my future and occasionally do homework for other classes. So I would try out for parts in a play and not get them. Not because my audition was bad, but because I'm not the popular kid. I'd do the set design, but it wasn't good enough, because I'm not a perfectionist. I got seriously ill, and aparently that was code for "I'm ditching out on my responsibilites in class. Please shunn me!" So fine. If it's going to be me vs. the rest of the class, bring it on. I'm going down in a blaze of glory!!! And I'm taking my art supplies and iPod with me.
Watch out SHS Drama, here I come.
-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment