Monday, October 15, 2007

Serving Size: 3 Words

I don't eat things to be monitored. If I WANTED to be monitored while consuming, I'd have lunch in the local missle silos' cafeteria. (The missles are used to protect the Sahuaros and the road runners. Arizona has little to its name, we gaurd what we have with out lives.) In any case, I was trying to have a small snack of rainbow goldfish when I noticed something in bolden text on the side. Squinting, I read it aloud:

"Goldfish brand crackers. Serving size: 18 goldfish."

I was thrown for all sorts of loops. Is obesity so alive and well that kids (well known demographic of the Goldfish brands) are told how many they're allowed to eat? This sparked my thought process. What else am I given orders to eat?! The pantry held the details...

Saltine crackers: 4
Banana chips: 12
Pretzels: 15
Pixie Sticks: 1 color per tounge
*Peeps Marshmellow birds (dark subject much? Eating tiny birds...): 1 per year

They're limiting my hunger. Sustaining my appetite. Holding back my stomach. It's not fair. The lights are changing on the world, and we're all just hungry for more. My solution?

Eat 20 goldfish.

-D

*1: Did you know that the sugar used in Peeps is so condensed that eating a peep damns it to your stomach for a full year. That's right. If you ate a peep right now it would sit in your stomach for 365 days. That's can NEVER be healthy. I try and avoid peeps.

No comments: