Reading between the lines is no more a challenge for me than breathing, at least today. More often then not I sing lyrics to songs at frantic and mindless paces, humming tunes that sometimes make no sense to me. But online rumors of the band members past/present flames cause me to re-read, to idealize theoretic situations that are codependent on the warm coffee that slides down my throat. Coffee in the afternoon that is. But these insane thoughts of truth laced with gossip guilts me. Am I going to be THAT sort of fan? Will band members hate me for making up their private lives to fullfill my need for completed lyrics?
Why can't it be like the old days, where poodle skirts were guiltless as they swayed to simple lyrics like "I'll ask Sally out at the hop." Everything was completely filled in, in that single line: what he wants, what he's going to do, who he's going to do it to.
I'm aggravated, my CD's skipping, my caramel stash is empty, my coffee's gone, and I just realized that my vegan makeup costs $3.00 more than everything else. At least I've got my SWR tickets.
Maybe I'm overthinking things. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm right. But who would correct me if I was wrong. I know the background to many bands music (generally by asking), but sometimes my respect for a band outweighs my guts and I'm forced to digress back into my imagination. It actually makes me sad that I don't have anybody to spill my thoughts to or with. To discuss the great divide between idealogy, music, and literature. The mutton-heads in my community don't think so deeply(expressed by my explaination of a book, gaining only the response "I really don't care."). -D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment