Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Special Kind of Hell

There's a special kind of hell for people like my mother and sister who payed more money on costumes for our four dogs then I may have EVER payed on CDs.

Savannah-Tinkerbell
Romeo- A Cop
Buddy- A Ladybug
Bernie- A Hot Dog

These dogs wish death upon us as we roll endlessly with laughter as Bernie gets stuck in the doggie door, trying to escape our unstoppable ridicule. I tried, so hard, to stop laughing at these poor creatures...but...they look so darn cute!!! So I sit with my camera taking pictures of the dogs, whos tear stained faces break my heart and please my shutter.

And now, I answer the door to find little kids dressed as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Princesses. What's not as cute as children in such tiny costumes is children dressed like hookers.

"What are you sweetie?"
"I'm a gothic princess!!" The little girl squeaks, pulling her hyper mini skirt over her garder-belt, and re-adjusting the neon and black tube top. I just sort of look at the mother who seems to be in charge of the group and give her an eyebrow raise and a smile.

Even now I can see the little kids coming up the walk dressed as sheep and a shepard(ess?). Time to up the candy dose.

On a last note, today was good. That is all.

-D

No comments: